Kalami Monastery


It was founded in the 15th century by three monks of the Monastery of Agnountos. The old Katholikon with three hermitages of early monks is the only part of the building left standing. The old church was painted in 1616 and the paintings are still in good condition. The major church building is dedicated to the Assumption of Holy Mary, celebrated on August 23 with a local festival.


Μονή Καλαμίου