Church of the Assumption of Holy Mary in Lygourio


A post-Byzantine church built in 1701, belonging to the four-column cruciform with dome type. It was built during the second Venetian occupation (1685-1715), in the central square of the upper village. Inside the church, the rich illustrations as well as the Doric Order columns are of great interest. One can only stand with awe and respect as they look at the pale figures of Saints inside this low-light and silent church built upon the ancient columns.



Ναός Κοίμησης Θεοτόκου Λυγουριού